Your role and work environment:
As a Ops Engineer works within a BizSecDevOps multidisciplinary team.
Is primarily responsible for the production and technical configuration of software application(s) owned by the team.
Is also responsible for performing tasks which are not directly included in his/her range of tasks, but which are nonetheless important for the success of the team’s mission.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Ops Engineer you:
Help refining Features and Stories into Tasks workable in less than a day by Squad members and their Acceptance Criteria;
Review the analysis and design of the application and implements the technical configuration;
Are responsible for guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of team applications at all times.
Are also responsible for performing tasks which are not directly included in your range of tasks but which are nonetheless important for the success of the team’s mission.
The range of tasks includes the following:
• Deploying and running a production system;
• Providing level 2 support for the application;
• Specifying, designing, automating and executing Performance and Acceptance tests (including Resilience, High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineer;
• Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup);
• Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the rollback scripts;
• Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tools using the correct Event Alerts;
• Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level;
• Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs;
• Performing Incident and IT Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving incidents identified as potential recurrent problems;
• Performing Life Cycle Management for the system.
We are looking for:
An energetic Engineer with a passion for world class SW development to provide best products & applications to customers and positive can-do mind-set.
A team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team with end-to-end responsibility for selected applications and services part of Retail platform.
Close collaboration within and across the teams and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You are responsible for the craftsmanship, quality and availability of the application/service of your team. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues in the SecDevOps way of working.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to develop, operate and maintain team application through highly automated and standardized quick feedback loops and application monitoring.
An example of our Orange Code culture living the following behaviors:
• You take it and make it happen
• You help others to be successful
• You are always a step ahead
Proven track record and technical skills and capabilities:
• Good scripting, automation and troubleshooting Skills across stack, technologies and ecosystems.
• Front-End or/and Back-End awareness (understand the global architecture).
• Analysis & Testing capabilities
• Test frameworks:
o Gatling / JMeter
o Simian Army
• SecDevOps mindset and experience
• API REST
• Kafka Streams
• Microservices architecture and operation.