DESCRIPCI... Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS)* and the utility cloud model amongst enterprises and the public sector and regulated industry (e.g.,...
Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS)* and the utility cloud model amongst enterprises and the public sector and regulated industry (e.g., utilities, financial services, telecommunications and healthcare) market segments in Iberia? Do you have government affairs experience and have the technology public policy experience necessary to help further advance Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider at the country and regional level in Iberia?
Amazon Web Services is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. We are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS in Iberia before policymakers that are strategically important to the AWS business. The successful candidate will proactively build strong relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in government and other relevant organizations and help prioritize international, national, and regional government public policy issues faced by AWS. You will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in these market segments. This position will also lead AWS’s participation in key business associations and coalitions that are critical to advancing AWS public policy and business objectives. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region. This Madrid-based government affairs and policy position, which will also participate in the Amazon Europe, Middle-East & Africa Public Policy team, shall:
· Develop, lead and implement government affairs advocacy objectives and policy/political priorities for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Iberia;
· Represent key positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to national governments in Iberia to enable an unrestricted, transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the growth of AWS;
· Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS business units and other Amazon teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
· Assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and government sector market segment (revenue) opportunities and threats, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with AWS business objectives;
· Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
· Determine, maintain and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of AWS, and ensure appropriate utilization of high judgment, high integrity outside consultants.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to make frequent trips across Spain and Portugal, as well as to Brussels, London, and the U.S. - and other international locations, as required.
Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to information technology-related (IT) issues such as an “innovation agenda” and cloud computing related policies such as IT procurement, national/local government IT and data management reform, IT government policies on infrastructure/applications, information security, privacy protection, liability limitation, Internet access, IT services, corporate compliance, requirements for critical services (such as utilities, telecommunications, finance and healthcare), export control and association leadership experience. Knowledge of EU/U.S. regulation frameworks, EU/Mercosur relations and EU level policies related to telecommunications, IT and cloud computing issues is preferred.
· Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels.
· A minimum of 10 + years of experience representing companies before national and local policymakers, with proven significant achievements. That experienced has been gained in industry, trade association or consultancy, political organizations/policy making or think tanks, preferably but not necessarily in the Internet/Tech environment.
· Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
· Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Corporate Communication, etc.). An advanced degree in Public Policy is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others across different geographies.
· Fluent Spanish and English are necessary. Fluency in Portuguese is a strong plus, and further proficiency in other European languages would be an asset.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.