DESCRIPCI... Do you want to reinvent one of life’s daily activities? Do you get excited by working in a high-growth and fast-paced environment? Amazon Kindle is changing the way people consume digital media and continues to be one of the most...
Do you want to reinvent one of life’s daily activities? Do you get excited by working in a high-growth and fast-paced environment? Amazon Kindle is changing the way people consume digital media and continues to be one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. The Kindle Content team works on making every content in every language available for every customer everywhere.
We own a family of programs which differentiate the Kindle customer experience and helps customers find the next book to read. The team owns the entire shopping experience for Kindle customers on all reading surfaces and apps and across all countries worldwide. The team also owns Kindle Unlimited – the Amazon service that enables customers to read as much as they want, choosing from millions of titles and audio books, freely explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. We own programs to drive demand for all book categories, make looking for e-books easy and fun, and help customers find their next reads.
We are looking for an experienced software development leader to build a large software development team in Madrid. The team will build real-time and highly scalable systems and applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in: building highly effective software development teams, building highly scalable systems and system design, having great communication skills, mentoring people, and motivating teams to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will love reading, watching videos, listening to music, and will have a software development background. This position requires a strong background in agile process, client side software, back end services and system, and scalable architectures.
1. Create a large highly effective software development team.
2. Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
3. Build good partnership with other development teams in multiple geographies.
4. Effective management of stakeholders.
5. Management of software development managers. Developing team members.
6. Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable roadmap/action plan. Execute against plans and roadmaps.
7. Work with engineers and development managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
8. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
9. Responsible for the overall development life cycle of multiple programs
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 10+ years experience in managing development teams.
· 5+ years of experience as a software developer with Java or C++
· 3+ years of proven operational excellence in managing and operating real-time, highly available and scalable systems
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Strong business and technical vision
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online