Lo que vas a hacer
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, positive Front of House Intern to join our fantastic team as an Intern in the UK.
The aim of the program is to allow individuals with an aspiration to get hands-on operational experience while at the same time to understand what it means to deliver quality service and practice their language skills in preferred locations across our destinations. The program will also give Interns the ability to develop the future skills needed to be successful leaders. The skills our Interns will learn from the program include the importance of driving employee loyalty and engagement, how different workstreams pull together across the business to generate success and the value of teamwork and communication in a practical environment.
At the end of the internship, we would expect our Interns to have learned how to deliver fine personalized service whilst adhering to brand standards and best practice. We would also expect our Interns to have gained a better understanding of why it is so important to engage with our guests to create memorable experiences while in a busy operation, and how guest retention translates into the wider context of running a successful and resilient business.
Being a key part of our family, all our team members are expected to:
- Be open to Learning
- Making Responsible Decisions;
- Treating others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated;
- Continually Challenge Yourself and One Another.
- Providing Information to hotel guests regarding tourist attraction, leisure activities, etc
- Assisting in hotel function preparations based on communication from the Events & Operational team
- Assisting in setting up a restaurant for services such as breakfast, dinner and afternoon tea
- Using the POS to take orders and charge guests
- Serving guests at the bar whilst providing a strong level of customer service
- Working positively and effectively with team members across all departments while delivering a positive experience for guests and enhancing language & communication skills
- To undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post as and when required.
- Ensure you are fully conversnt with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information to the guest whenever the possibility arises
- To have full working knowledge of the Company Rewards program and its benefits, taking every opportunity to enroll new members.
- Whenever possible, to anticipate guest needs, to be aware of all requests and to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Making sure workspaces are maintained to the hotel standards at all times
- Welcoming and serving guests in Front of House outlets
- Discounted rates within hotel group throughout the world (in our branded hotels only)
- Discounted rates to stay at any of our properties
Qué es lo que pedimos
- Debes estar registrado como estudiante universitario
- A high standard of professional presentation
- Eagerness to Learn
- No experience – up to 2 years’ experience
- Friendly and welcoming approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Have a good command of written and spoken English (B2 Level minimum)
- Right to work in the UK
- IT literacy - intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft Office (including outlook) and experience using internet portals is preferable
- Learning Agreement or Convention / EU Citizen
Are you the perfect candidate? Click on the 'apply now' button and we will contact you as soon as possible.
We also have various roles available in Spain, Malta, and East Africa - kindly register your details on www.myukinternship.com/ applynow and we will send you more details and organize a Skype meeting with you.
- Estudios requeridos
- Módulo de grado medio, Módulo de grado superior, Universidad, Máster, Otros
- Nacional (Toda España)
- Horas a la semana
- 35 - 40
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
Entre 450€ y 1,000€ Al mes
- Responsable de
- Providing Information to hotel guests regarding tourist attraction, leisure activities, etc Assisting in hotel function preparations based on communication from the Events & Operational team
- Tipo de trabajo
- Administración / Secretaria, Atención a clientes
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación