The successful candidate will be a member of the Corporate Tax Group Europe, working across a range of entity and client tax matters and will report to the Regional Tax Director. The role is based in Madrid.
The successful candidate will support the control of compliance tax risk in Iberia, the provision of advice on the tax efficient implementation of client engagements, and the implementation of country tax planning opportunities.
The job has a wide range of responsibilities, ranging from routine consultation and review to assisting in the tax technical aspects of the structuring of significant transactions. Tax planning and advisory activities encompass advice of client engagements and corporate acquisitions and the implementation of both local and global tax planning initiatives. Compliance activities are limited to the maintenance of processes that monitor and review tax filings, tax and dividend payments and the review of all global reporting of tax information.
The role requires the ability to:
• Work effectively within the European Tax team, interact effectively with both tax and non- tax colleagues, the Client (as required), Corporate Development and Transaction Services, Country Controllership, Legal, Treasury, Client Financial Management and external advisers
• Assist in the development and efficient maintenance of processes to manage compliance and reporting activities across Iberia
• Assist in the development of tax planning proposals
• Effectively manage/coordinate the projects assigned.
• Support and provide technical advice to Country Controllership as required.
• Manage the input of external professional advisers
• Support Tax leadership in the successful implementation of global initiatives across Europe
• Work with other tax groups to ensure a harmonized approach of in country tax matters. e.g. Client Tax Matters and Individual Tax Matters.
• University degree in accounting, tax or a recognized post graduate tax qualification.
• Experience in Spanish taxation
The job requires a background equivalent to a newly qualified tax professional in a Big 4 tax department, law firm or corporate tax department. In addition, the job requires the following attributes:
• Strong analytical and technical skills;
• Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English;
• Ability to work as part of a team and manage a number of diverse projects;
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
•Commitment to excel as an international tax professional.
Selecciona abajo la región que te interesa y recibe ofertas que se adapten a tu perfil en tu correo electrónico.