Cisco Networking Academy (NetAcad) is a key global program of CCA which operates in 50 European countries, has 3700+ Academies, 7600+ Instructors, 1,2M+ Cumulative Students. Spain is one of top countries, impacting 25,000 students this fiscal year.
To support the implementation of the programme, CISCO is currently recruiting a digital learning intern in Spain. The main task of the intern is to lead and drive the execution according to the Cisco Networking Academy strategy.
Start date : October 2018
The position will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Sustainable Program Growth: Know and understand the education market and the addressable opportunities in Spain and monitor key performance indicators of program performance and propose activities.
- Ensure Program Sustainability: Build Academy Community, support local and national events, ensure quality execution from academies and instructors, manage strategic aspects of product adoption in territory, and coordinate local implementation of workforce development programs to support student employment.
- Bring Program Success: Collaborate with Marketing & PR teams to generate adequate awareness of the Academy program success cases at country level and value proposition according to Cisco strategic vision.
What you can expect:
- Working in an international team.
- Lead projects from ideation to execution.
- Improve your “soft” skills (i.e. presentations, teaching, pedagogical concepts, etc.).
- Networking with Cisco colleagues through the Early Career Network.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates will possess the following professional and personal background:
- Previous experience of STEM for youth projects in the private or public sector (i.e. programming projects with arduino, Raspberry pi, etc.)
- Good technical skills competence, candidate should be comfortable with using different computer applications and virtual communication tools (WebEx, etc.)
- Should have experience/knowledge of the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility and philanthropic practices (i.e. volunteering experience)
- Independently working in a team, with a flexible approach, problem solving skills, dynamic, with entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to travel
Some experience in Digital Marketing, Social Media would be appreciated
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Residence in Madrid or Barcelona would be highly appreciated
- A current student in your penultimate year of a B.Sc. / B.Eng / M.Sc. / M.Eng. / Ph.D. or equivalents in the areas of Business, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical Engineering or other numerate degree with an emphasis on Computer Networking and Arduino practices.
Please note that in order to be eligible for the program you will need to provide the University Internship Agreement for the whole period of the internship (6 months that can be renewed)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco