... Would you like to contribute to the Amazon Web Service’s Database offerings? Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping increase adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by facilitating relationships with...
Would you like to contribute to the Amazon Web Service’s Database offerings? Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping increase adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by facilitating relationships with companies building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Manager within the AWS business, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and start-up communities, with specific focus on Database services. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments and/or workloads to target, contributing to the necessary business, and facilitating technical relationships with customers and partners to help establish new business in those markets, and supporting stakeholders in their day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to support an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the local team in contributing to the overall AWS market and technical strategy,
· Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals,
· Comply with the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, service/solution teams, legal, support, etc.),
· Focus on incubating new AWS Database services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to vertically organized business development campaigns and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges,
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while discussing potential application of the AWS services for their business and use case,
· Work closely with the AWS account managers and partners to help ensure their customers are successful using AWS web services, making sure they have the technical resources required,
· Understand the technical requirements/needs of the AWS customers and work closely with the internal development teams to contribute to guide the direction of the product offerings,
· Understand and exploit the use of internal Amazon systems,
· Prepare and propose business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to help growing the business,
· Facilitate relationships that would support key markets,
· Support a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market,
· Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and start-up) and solution marketing ability,
· Relevant technical knowledge in the area of Database systems, SQL and NoSQL, high availability, IOPS, disaster recovery, migration, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database systems,
· Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc.).
· The right person will be technical, analytical, with good knowledge of value selling, and possess several years of business development enterprise sales, or program/product management experience,
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is a must (Other major European languages i.e. German, French, Italian, Spanish, etc. is a plus), as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key,
· Technical degree required; MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Experience working within the technology industry and extensive contact network in both customers and partners highly desired.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online