... Searching for Senior Software Development Engineers for all our European Tech Hubs locations: Luxembourg, Berlin, Madrid, Dublin, London and soon Tel Aviv.(Please indicate location preference if any on your application...
Searching for Senior Software Development Engineers for all our European Tech Hubs locations: Luxembourg, Berlin, Madrid, Dublin, London and soon Tel Aviv.
(Please indicate location preference if any on your application)
Senior Development Engineers at Amazon influence team software architecture and lead the way technologically solving complex architecture and business problems.
The goal of the Amazon EU Core Technology team is to make all products in a given country available on all of Amazon’s European websites, at the lowest possible cost, and in the language of the customer. We are looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end ownership of services that make tens of millions of retail decisions every minute, within a distributed technical environment. You will create the best European shopping experience possible, at the biggest scale ever.
As a Technical Lead, you’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment. You’ll be expected to:
• Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems across the organization.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter dependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other best in class automated marketing technologies.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Come be part of this growing, dynamic and challenging space!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· At least 8 years experience of relevant, varied engineering experience
· Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Ruby, C++, etc.
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
· Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact.
· Experience mentoring/training an engineering ocmmunity on complex technical issues.
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
· A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between. ·
· Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
· Previous experience with retail systems – ordering, placement, etc. - is a plus
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.