Telefónica is on a truly inspirational adventure.
You’ll find our brands- Movistar, O2 and Vivo- in 21 countries, serving over 300M customers. We always want to do more for our consumers and business customers alike. We strive to understand their needs and go above and beyond to meet them.
Join us and you’ll be encouraged, inspired, empowered to be bolder, take risks and push your curiosity to the limits.
In the Product Innovation Team we’ve learnt that building meaningful innovation means being ready to do things differently.
A multi-disciplinary team, we are charged with identifying the next significant area of opportunity for the business at a global scale.
Once identified we rapidly build, test and scale products/services in market with a view to enhancing Telefónica’s already industry leading offering.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Trailblazers: have the determination to pursue an original vision with conviction and creativity
- Adaptable: have the ability to be flexible and fluid in their approach to work is critical to success
- Open: always seeking work with collaboration with others
- Rigorous: are relentlessly focused on doing their best possible job on whatever they are tasked with or have masterminded
- Ambitious: work-proud, and not easily defeated; always aiming higher in every new pursuit
The Product Lead role sits within one of our most promising innovation projects, Freedom. Freedom looks to disrupt the business of advertising, by seamlessly improving the user’s experience while delivering more efficient campaigns for publishers, advertising and agencies.
The role will include managing all aspects of the project from leading all product efforts to evolve, shape and drive forward an already successful MVP, to defining GTM strategies.
The successful candidate will initially lead a product/technical team and will be tasked with pitching periodical businesses cases to the CEO of Product Innovation in order to secure additional funding.
- To lead all aspects of the project including:
- Defining a product that can be tested in market today with partners
- Shaping a future vision of the project that represents a significant opportunity for Telefónica (over €100M in value generation)
- Securing paid for pilots with agencies, publishers and brands
- Securing pilots with Telefónica’s operating businesses across Europe
- Internal stakeholder management, up to a Director level
- Shaping customers insights projects that can test and validate hypotheses
- Management of a team of 3 technical/product resources to implement defined product vision
- Budget management
- A core part of the role will also include pitching for additional funding and headcount to support the future scaling of the product
- The successful candidate should also become the resident expert in this field and be ready to support other adjacent projects within the funnel
- People management – the successful candidate must be able to manage a team of high performing individuals to deliver results
- Product management – the candidate must be able to manage end-to-end product delivery
- Product Insight – the ideal candidate will be able to create compelling product propositions and have a vision in a fast-moving environment
- Project management – the Product Lead must be able to drive execution in a complex, global environment
- Entrepreneurial mind-set – the candidate must be able to use initiative and creativity to get things done
- Advertising technology – the candidate must understand and have experience with the digital advertising ecosystem and platforms. They must understand media buying, the role of a DSP and can explain header bidding.
- At least 5 years experience in the advertising industry
- Experience in the Ad tech space
- Experience developing products/propositions from seed ideas
- Mobile, Data experience
- Languages: native/fluent Spanish and English.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Financially literate
- Highly driven and results focussed