Senior Data Operations Engineer Sp
The role of Smart Steps is to leverage Telefónica’s data assets to provide value to the wider business and our customers. We build and maintain the technology that underpins a portfolio of products that seek to...
The role of Smart Steps is to leverage Telefónica’s data assets to provide value to the wider business and our customers. We build and maintain the technology that underpins a portfolio of products that seek to understand how populations move, predict human behavior, and much more.
Do you want to be part of a team that is responsible for helping to turn Telefónica into a data company? We’re looking for a Senior Data Operations Engineer to help us on this mission.
Objectives and responsibilities:
- Support Global Big Data operations in 15 countries across Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Be responsible for world-class operational efficiency across our data processing and consumption environments.
- Be a technical interface across business unit disciplines, product, platform & operations.
- Be a champion of operational best practices, such as automation and production maturity.
- Be able to provide a hands-on support across various production environments.
- Define processes and support structures for our internal teams.
You’ll be comfortable understanding complex technical processes, and communicating them clearly and simply to every part of the business. You’ll be a natural unblocker and enabler for internal teams and a point of reference for how to get things done.
- You will have 5+ years of professional experience in a technical operations role and 2 years in a support role.
- Experience administering complex technical infrastructure.
- Experience with virtualized environments & cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
- Experience administering relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Experience defining and evolving support processes.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Experience managing data security.
- Have a good understanding of networking concepts.
- Infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Working with a UNIX / Linux based toolset.
- Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team worker.
- Critical thinking, positive mindset.
- Able to wear many hats.
Technical Operations, DevOps, Technical Support, Systems Administration, AWS, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, UNIX / Linux, Bash, Support, Process Definition
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Tipo de trabajo
- Servicios Consultoría IT
- Se requiere carnet de conducir
- Se requiere vehículo
- Se requiere carta de motivación