The new environmental realities, plus the transformation process of Telefónica into a , have made us focus on three clearly defined areas in our management of to have the best team, the most effective company culture and the simplest organisational structure possible, making us able to adapt to the changing needs of our customers. These three people based priorities support the implementation of the strategic transformation programme of Telefónica .
The Role and the team
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development, the Mobile Advertising Growth Manager will have a strong business development orientation leveraging on his/her deep understanding of brands and agency needs and processes. That role:
- Will be central to growing our Data Driven Advertising business into new product lines and channels
- Will define and implement a strategy to support greater unit growth. Once strategy is in place, it will be the business growth manager’s role to develop business opportunities for this plan to be actioned
- This role involves understanding and challenging the Advertising business unit existing framework and analysis of opportunities for expansion into new channels and products to complement the overall business strategy moving forward
- The Mobile Advertising Growth Manager needs to be abreast of data driven Advertising trends and market conditions to provide guidance to grow our Advertising business
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to unit goals and objectives aimed at accelerating growth
- Conduct research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of brands and agencies and spot opportunities to evolve existing products and channels and also develop ones to ensure business growth
- Manage relations with external (vendors, agencies, brands etc) and internal (OBs, corporate strategy, product managers) stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Collaborate with diverse teams (marketing, finance, local operating businesses etc.) to ensure successful implementation of growth plan.
- Proven experience in commercial/business development/strategy roles related to data riven Advertising sector – ideally with agency or consumer goods companies
- The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
- In-depth understanding of Advertising market trends – ideally with experience in data related products
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- On a personal level, the job requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, an ability to eloquently convey complex ideas, and a good instinct for business
- Languages: native or almost native Spanish and English.
- Must - Several years of proven experience working for a media agency/trading desk/ad tech company or media buying department
- Proven experience ideally as strategic planner, media planner or similar role, although candidates who have been in strategy and/or business development position will also be accepted
- Trends expert related to Mobile advertising products
- Business/Commercial/Strategy experience
- International experience ideally in a global unit with no direct mandate on local business