Descripción del empleo
The Operations Trainee will be responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. Provide that critical first impression to our guests and have a natural passion for delivering exceptional service. Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone every day. Enjoy solving problems, be comfortable using a computer to check guests in and out, and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and confidently.
- Must be proficient in English and be able to speak
clearly, communicate with various clientele, including house VIP's and
- Review all materials concerning arrival schedules
for return guests, daily events and function sheets.
- Welcome and register hotel guests, verifying
reservation details including address and credit information with an
emphasis on fulfilling requests following special handling instructions
and adhering to PCI (Payment
Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- Be familiar with and accurately quote room and rate
availability for current and future dates.
- Project an image of professionalism and willingness
to provide personalized services to guests.
- Money handling, basic level math, and accounting responsibilities
- Properly identify all guests before processing room
- Resolve guest complaints related to room
assignment, rate and/or amenity charges in accordance with departmental
policies and procedures. Obtain management assistance as necessary.
- Ensure all appropriate departments are informed of
guests' special needs and requests.
- Select and block rooms for arriving guests if
needed; pre-register individuals or groups as required.
- Assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their
rooms as requested.
- Settle guest bill in accordance with procedures;
make change, cash checks, process charges to credit cards, and post
charges to guest accounts.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and Room
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by
management inclusive of working with other departments.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years Luxury Hotel experience preferred
- Proficient with Opera, strongly preferred
- Multiple languages a
plus including Spanish
- Must be flexible to work
varying schedules including overnights and weekends
- Excellent personal
presentation and interpersonal skills; good problem solving
- Candidate will be
required to stand for long periods of time.
be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns
raised by employees and guests.
be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet
all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous and service-oriented manner.
all hotel required meetings and trainings.
regular attendance in compliance with Operations Hotel Standards, as
required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the
high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing
the proper uniform and nametag.
with Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in
be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from
various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational
other duties as requested by management.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to do a 12 months internship in the United States. The selected candidate will have to cover the expenses of his/her visa ($3,000 aprox.)
- Estudios requeridos
- Módulo de grado superior, Universidad
- Miami (EE.UU.)
- Tipo de contrato
- Tipo de trabajo
- Administración / Secretaria, Atención a clientes
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación
- Inglés, Español