The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht (CAC) is the central point of contact in Europe, caring for the needs of current and prospective Mercedes-Benz and smart customers. More than 25 different nationalities add diversity and enrich an organization dedicated to satisfied customers and high performance. Employees act as brand representatives ensuring that customers receive personal assistance in their own language at a consistently high level. Our Customer Service departments answer customer enquiries and complaints, while the Service24h department organizes roadside assistance for customers. Services related to customer mobility are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As part of the Operational Excellence Implementation department, the LEAN Specialist is responsible for defining and establishing best practices to improve and maintain employee efficiency and systems utilization. This position is also responsible for monitoring operational processes, information flow, resource analysis and coordination.
- Support the business with the implementation of LEAN processes and continuous improvement efforts.
- Assist the Operational Excellence Manager in leading the organization through a cultural change to an environment of continuous improvement and coaches the organization on the use of LEAN tools.
- Plan, organize, deploy and lead LEAN projects that lead to significant cost savings, productivity improvement, quality improvement and improved operational efficiency
- Standardize and optimize processes in the organization
- Be a solid advocate of LEAN methodology providing mentoring and support to all departments and teams to bring about the necessary culture changes within the organization.
- Contribute to the assessment of improvements: inefficiencies, non-value adding steps, different types of waste, duplication of efforts the organization
- Create a lasting culture of change by promoting engagement with employees of all levels
- Lead projects and work packages
- Enable a sustainable approach by developing a rollout plan for on-going organizational analysis
- Study operational sequences, data flow and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities
- Regulate and alter workflows according to established operational sequences and lead times to expedite processes
- Communicates with Team, Staff, user personnel and management to develop standards
- Fluent in corporate language English and one other CAC language, preferably German
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Outstanding social and negotiating skills
- Enthusiastic and convincing attitude
- Extensive experience with the implementation of LEAN tools and techniques (5S, Kaizen, SMED etc)
- Excellent project management knowledge and experience in improvement management
- Ideally experience with contact centers
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to interact at all levels of management
- Ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrate some degree of leadership ability
- General understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assignment areas
- Ability to lead a group of employees in performing Root Cause and Corrective Action for any nonconformity
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- An interesting, self-directed and diverse career opportunity in an international environment
- A comprehensive package of secondary benefits (pension, discounted health insurance, transportation, relocation etc.)
- Personal development and growth opportunities
- Being of a winning team
- Working hours: 40hrs/week, Monday to Friday
Are you interested in this job offer? Do you fit the requirements? Then send us your CV and a cover letter in english now!